Staff Accountant Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Coppell, TX, US
Finance and Accounting
The Brink’s name is a promise to respect the trust we’ve earned in over 150 years in business. Every employee honors that promise by offering the highest levels of service and support to our customers. We take pride in our work, and we share a passion about our future. Learn why so many people have made the choice to join our team – and stay here.
This position reports to the Senior Financial Accounting Manager and is responsible for supporting the monthly financial close, balance sheet and P&L analysis, account reconciliations, audit support and other projects as assigned.
• Demonstrate an understanding of general accounting processes
• Assist with month end close processes to include but not limited to the preparation of journal entries, timely financial reporting and account reconciliations.
• Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts utilizing Blackline, with specific focus on accounts relating to cash and intercompany
• Execute established system of procedures and internal controls to accurately record financial transactions.
• Assist with both internal and external audit requests
• Special Projects as assigned.
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Finance or Accounting.
• 3 years of experience in the accounting field.
• Intermediate proficiency level in Microsoft Excel
• Experience with an ERP system (PeopleSoft, MS Dynamics, Oracle, or SAP).
• 1-3 years of experience in a publicly traded company.
• Masters degree in Accounting.
• 1-3 years of experience using Oracle E-Business Suite (R12)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the accepted accounting principles (FASB & GAAP).
• Experience with GL operations and reporting chart of accounts, month-end, journal entries, account analysis experience and financial statement analysis
• Experience working with a fully integrated accounting system preferred.
• Experience engaging in process improvement initiatives.
• Experience with financial statement preparation for a multi-entity organization
• Experience with Shared Services / off shore model.
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s U.S. Brink’s provides an outstanding total compensation package for this position. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer to eligible employee’s medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Who We Are
From a military uniform to a Brink’s uniform, the promise to work with confidence and pride remains the same.
Our core values of trust, responsibility and integrity are in line with the values of men and women who have served in the military, and we offer a wide range of opportunities to use your skills and grow your career.
Join a team with a rich history and a promising future.